Waterloo Presbytery in Ontario, Canada is one of 99 district courts of the United Church of Canada. It oversees an active community of 60 churches in Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo and the North and West. We are fortunate to have a blend of both rural and urban charges, from part-time to multiple-staff ministries. All of our churches are unique, but some offer visionary partnerships. Consider Westminister United sharing facilities with the Temple Shalom synagogue, or St. Luke's United which fostered and is surrounded by a thriving seniors' complex. Our theological stance is as varied as our facilities: from conservative to liberal, from covenanting to affirming. Despite, and maybe because of this diversity, we unite in our focus on Christ's love for us and for the work to be done.
core goals . . .Waterloo Presbytery has identified the mission, health and vitality of congregations as its core business. Since September, we've been working on a Strategic Plan that will identify priorities and key goals and objectives for the next 3 to 5 years.
The Plan is built around four phases of congregational life;
- "Living Well" -- helping healthy congregations get stronger.
- "Match Making" -- encouraging partnerships within and beyond the church.
- "Giving Birth" -- starting new communities of faith.
- "Dying Well" -- working with congregations at the end of their life cycle to leave a lasting legacy.
The Strategic Plan is another tool, along with the restructuring of Presbytery, the creation of the Presbytery Support Minister position, and the new Property Legacy Handbook, for addressing our future needs and vision. We'll be discussing the Strategic Plan further. If you have any comments or questions on the Strategic Plan, please send them to Rev. Paul Miller email.
mission legacy grants - -
- Does your congregation need funds to provide a new and unique program to find the way to Christ?
- Do you have a different approach to worship, but need funds to help implement it?
- Can your congregation find a way to serve your community better if you only had the funds?
- You have the idea, but need some financial backing?
St. Margaret's Over-the-hill United Church has left a legacy fund. Click this link to see if you fit the criteria for a grant and also for more information.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6: 34.